A PREGNANT British woman has died after fainting at Girona airport.
A spokesperson for Catalonia’s regional emergency health service said the woman, believed to be 20 years old, was dead by the time an ambulance arrived at the Costa Brava airport.
She had been due to travel with her family to Birmingham before she collapsed.
Further details about her death have not been made available, and she has not been identified.
The woman’s body has been taken to Girona for a post-mortem.
Reports are offering conflicting information about the length of time it took for medical assistance to arrive.
Some said it took 25 minutes, while others claim it was closer to 15.
A emergency services spokesperson is reported by Sky News to have said the response time for the ambulance was considered within normal standards in such situations.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40