A CHARITY skydive has raised over €5000 for the Carlos Haya Hospital in Velez Malaga.
Kim Edwards (pictured) did the jump in aid of the hospital that treated her when she was battling leukaemia.
She was diagnosed in 2007, and following several rounds of chemotherapy, and treatment for associated illnesses, was given the all-clear in February 2008.
Kim said: “Throughout my stay in hospital I was treated with so much kindness and I really wanted to give something back to the staff and the hospital. At present there are three local people on the ward, they really do save lives.”
There is a prize for the lucky 1000th visitor to a refurbished charity shop in San Pedro. Find out more here.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40