A GRANADA-BOUND granny found herself on a flight to the Caribbean following a ticket booking error.
Lamenda Kingdon, 62, only realised the mistake two hours into the flight, when commenting to her neighbour that she was looking forward to visiting the Alhambra palace.
She was then told the flight was headed for the Caribbean island of Grenada.
Sympathetic British Airways crew upgraded Mrs Kindgdon to first class and gave her champagne.
She got off the plane at a scheduled stop in St Lucia, and was flown back to London Gatwick. She set off for Granada the next day.
Mrs Kingdon had booked the flight over the telephone using her late husband’s air miles and did not notice when the ticket arrived that the destination was one letter different from the place she wanted to go.
She had booked the ticket as part of a bucket list, after being diagnosed with breast cancer and a brain tumour.
The booking agent through which she made her travel arrangements has awarded her enough airmiles to fly to New Zealand, another destination on her bucket list.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40