TELEFONICA has agreed to sell its Czech business in a deal worth almost €2.5 billion.
It is the latest in a raft of recently-completed deals aimed at reducing the telecoms company´s debt pile.
Telefonica, which is Spain´s largest telecoms provider, is also looking to focus on other markets, including Brazil and Italy.
It is particularly keen to bid on TIM Brasil, a subsidiary of Italian telecoms company Telecom Italia Media.
The Czech business, which contributed around 3% of the company´s total revenue is to be sold to investment group PPF, owned by the Czech Republic´s richest man Petr Kellner.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40