YOUNG Spaniards have expressed their anger at government funding changes to a pan-Europe study abroad scheme via social media.
Erasmus students from Spain were previously entitled to a monthly living allowance of €120, but from now on only students from low income families will receive the grant.
The authorities initally planned to make the cut from this year, affecting existing Erasmus students, but in a U-turn announced those already abroad will still get the grant.
Since the announcement, 90,000 furious students have used the new hashtag #ErasmusRIP, while 190,000 have signed an online petition.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40