A NEW book will tell the story of legendary war photographer Robert Capa’s love affair with fellow photographer Gerda Taro.
The book, by Susana Fortes, comes after new evidence emerged that Capa’s famed Fallen Soldier photo was in fact genuine, and not staged as his critics have claimed.
The book – Waiting for Robert Capa – will cover how Capa – whose real name was Andre Friedman – met and fell in love with a German woman named Gerta Pohorhylle, who released her work under the assumed name Gerda Taro.
Both Capa and Taro were Jewish exiles with Communist sympathies and the book will explore their personal and professional relationship as they travelled through Spain, covering the Civil War.
- Skyfall! - 3 Jan, 2014 @ 11:32
- Free-range foie gras - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Careless talk costs car driver - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- Nothing to grouse about! - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 18:30
- Guess who’s coming to dinner? - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30
- OLIVE PRESS APPEAL: Surfing and salvation - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:57
- Fruit flop - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Spain is a sex-pot hotspot - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- A tale of pain and passion in the palace - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 15:30
- Watching the birdies! - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30