A PETITION has been launched to stop the mass round up and slaughter of feral cats in the city of Almeria.
PAWS is working with Activismo Por Los Animales, which had been looking after the colony until the ayuntamiento began rounding them up and putting them in the city’s pound.
A spokesperson for the charity said: ““The ayuntamiento has been separating the kittens from their mothers and cramming them into inadequate pens”
“The poor things are already half dead with fright because all they can hear is the constant barking of dogs.”
The petition, hosted on change.org, has already attracted over 2,000 signatures.
Supporters are also being asked to send letters to Carlos Sanchez Lopez, the health minister, asking him to halt the slaughter and introduce a more humane programme of neutering the animals.
Those wishing to sign the petition can find details and the ‘form’ letter to the ayuntamiento here.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40