KOOL and the Gang and Gloria Gaynor have been confirmed among the top acts at next year’s Starlight Festival in Marbella. Other acts will include Chucho Valdes, Segio Dalma, Julio Iglesias, Dani Martin and Marta Sanchez, who will close the festval on August 23.
The line up was announced at a press conference in Madrid, where singer Marta Sanchez revealed that she will be singing with Gloria Gaynor in a one off show called Divas before returning for her solo show on August 23.
“It will be momentous” she said at the press conference. “This is an honour for me. I have been a huge fan of Gloria Gaynor since I was a little girl”.
As well as music, the Starlite Festival, which takes place in the atmospheric 2,500 seater Marbella Auditorio, will include fashion, film and art events. Next year’s festival runs from July 23 – August 23.
- Guests got more than they bargained for at Gibraltar’s Fawlty Towers dinner - 24 Nov, 2018 @ 19:00
- EXCLUSIVE : the Olive Press has Breakfast with Berkoff - 10 Nov, 2018 @ 11:01
- When it rains… - 28 Oct, 2018 @ 12:24
- Watch out, there’s a new 80s revival in town, but don’t except big hair and shoulder pads - 30 Sep, 2018 @ 12:10
- We’ve survived another mad Marbella summer - 15 Sep, 2018 @ 12:00
- TRIBUTE: Remembering Costa del Sol legendary singer Mel Williams - 2 Sep, 2018 @ 16:00
- AUGUST ANGST: Summer in southern Spain presents some interesting challenges - 4 Aug, 2018 @ 13:23
- TOUR DE FARCE: Last Monday was my final straw with the cyclists - 21 Jul, 2018 @ 11:10
- Football Crazy! - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 16:00
- Oh, Ambassador… you are spoiling us! - 10 Jun, 2018 @ 13:00