THE choir and orchestra, Collegium Musicum Costa del Sol, conducted by Annemarie Philipps, invites all lovers of classical music to their annual Christmas concerts.
The first concert is on Sunday, 15 December at 20.00 hrs in the Church of Our Lady of Carmen (near Bonanza Square), in Benalmádena Costa.
The second is on Tuesday, 17 December at 21:00 hrs in the Church of the Encarnación in Marbella’s Old Town.
Both concerts are free.
The concerts will show the very diverse characteristics of the national musical traditions of our European heritage across the centuries.
Elegant and rather restrained French carols, more serious and straight-forward German carols, English and Irish carols, heavily influenced by the folk music of Britain, and down-to-earth Spanish carols full of life and colour.
For the first time, they will include music from Argentina – Ariel Ramírez’s El Nacimiento and the Capriol Suite which is a set of dances in the Renaissance style composed in 1926 by the English composer Peter Warlock.
For more information check their website http://www.colmus.org, facebook or telephone 952 475 840.
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33