A TRIO of audacious thieves have been arrested after stealing a helicopter to use for drug trafficking.
The chopper is identical to those used by the Guardia Civil, except for one feature – the presence of 400 kg of hashish in the back.
It had been stolen from a site in Cordoba a few weeks ago, before being moved by truck to be hidden in a Dos Hermanas urbanization in Sevilla.
Police found the vehicle as part of an investigation into drug smuggling.
A spokesperson said: “We suspect that this was going to be used for the introduction and transportation of drugs in the country.”
- Skyfall! - 3 Jan, 2014 @ 11:32
- Free-range foie gras - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Careless talk costs car driver - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- Nothing to grouse about! - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 18:30
- Guess who’s coming to dinner? - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30
- OLIVE PRESS APPEAL: Surfing and salvation - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:57
- Fruit flop - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Spain is a sex-pot hotspot - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- A tale of pain and passion in the palace - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 15:30
- Watching the birdies! - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30