PRIMARY children need to be taught the importance of making money, says a college boss.
Fintan Donohue, a former principal who set up number of business-focused colleges, said schools should take on a more entrepreneurial approach in order to motivate the youngsters.
He said: “In many schools and colleges there is no real evidence of celebrating the fact local businesses create employment.
He added businesses big and small should be celebrated, in order to inspire children to follow suite.
However, unions argued children should be given a more balanced view and should be taught that money is not everything.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40