A PARANOID schizophrenic man has been detained in a mental health clinic for life after beheading his Spanish flatmate in London.
Karl Addo, 30, beheaded and then disemboweled Sergio Retamar Marquez (pictured), 23, from Coin, in July last year after being told to leave their Bournemouth flat.
Although Addo was sentenced to a minimum six-and-a-half years, Mr Justice Burnett also imposed an indefinite restriction under the Mental Health Act, which means Addo may never be released.
He came to believe that Marquez was planning to torture and kill him, finally murdering the waiter when his landlord instigated eviction proceedings.
- Skyfall! - 3 Jan, 2014 @ 11:32
- Free-range foie gras - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Careless talk costs car driver - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- Nothing to grouse about! - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 18:30
- Guess who’s coming to dinner? - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30
- OLIVE PRESS APPEAL: Surfing and salvation - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:57
- Fruit flop - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Spain is a sex-pot hotspot - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- A tale of pain and passion in the palace - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 15:30
- Watching the birdies! - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30