- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
Spanish goalkeeper confuses Nelson Mandela with actor Morgan Freeman
December 12, 2013
• LAST EDITED:
December 12, 2013
Sport • 1 Comments
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
MORGAN Freeman’s portrayal of Nelson Mandela may be Oscar-worthy – at least if the reaction of Levante goalkeeper is anything to go by.
Keeper Javi Martinez caused a stir on Twitter after seemingly confusing actor Morgan Freeman – star of The Shawshank Redemption – with former South Africa President Nelson Mandela, the man jailed for 27 years for his part in the struggle against Apartheid.
Martinez tweeted, “Very sorry to hear of the death of Nelson Mandela, one of the greatest actors that Hollywood has ever known.”
He later claimed his account had been hacked although Freeman portrays Mandela in the upcoming film Invictus.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]