TORROX Town Hall has approved a change to its general plan which will allow a hotel to be built in an underdeveloped residential area towards the Manzano Torrox lighthouse.
Mayor Francisco Munoz (PSOE), explained the area had enough residential land to meet future needs of the town, but hoped reclassification would attract investment from the hotel industry.
“The town hall has a duty to intervene to stimulate the economy and boost job creation, especially in difficult times like the present.”
He added reclassifying the land would be a source of direct and indirect employment and, along with the marina and golf course developments, could bring year-round tourism to the town.
- Skyfall! - 3 Jan, 2014 @ 11:32
- Free-range foie gras - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Careless talk costs car driver - 31 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- Nothing to grouse about! - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 18:30
- Guess who’s coming to dinner? - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30
- OLIVE PRESS APPEAL: Surfing and salvation - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:57
- Fruit flop - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 10:30
- Spain is a sex-pot hotspot - 30 Dec, 2013 @ 08:30
- A tale of pain and passion in the palace - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 15:30
- Watching the birdies! - 29 Dec, 2013 @ 14:30