- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Property Insider
- Legal Issues
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Loud and Clear
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
Gibraltarians stand loud and proud in London
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
GIBRALTAR has drawn attention to its border misery with Spain during a noisy, but peaceful, demonstration outside the Spanish Embassy in London.
Organised by the Defenders of Gibraltar and Gibraltarians Worldwide, the group was joined by the Earl of Dartmouth in handing the letter and dossier of evidence to the embassy in Kensington.
The group, that waived both the Union Jack and Gibraltar flags, gathered outside Gibraltar House in the Strand, before heading to the embassy.
Organiser Anne-Marie Struggles said: “Thank you, those who came and those who could not but who supported us in not giving up and gave us strength to continue!”
The groups are now planning future demonstrations in 2014, including one outside the European Parliament in Brussels.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]