SHARES in discount supermarket chain Dia climbed 3% on news it is negotiating the purchase of local chain El Arbol.
The acquisition would make it the third-largest grocer in Spain.
The deal is rumoured to be worth around €100 million.
El Arbol is owned by a group of savings banks.
A buyout would enable Dia to raise its sales and market share by around 20%.
It had sales of €7.36 billion in the nine months to September and net debt of €792 million.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40