A SPANISH woman is in custody after throwing her newborn child from a window in Madrid.
Incredibly the baby boy survived the seven-foot fall but was found by police suffering from hypothermia. He was not breathing and his heart had stopped but paramedics managed to revive the baby who was then taken to hospital in a “serious condition”.
The unnamed 35-year-old mother was arrested on suspicion of attempting to kill her child.
The woman, who lived with her parents, secretly gave birth in the early hours of Christmas Eve, cutting the umbilical cord herself, before wrapping the baby in a pair of jeans and throwing it out of the kitchen window into an interior courtyard.
However, shortly afterwards she suffered heavy bleeding and asked her parents to take her to hospital.
Local police said in a statement: “Later, at about 8.30am, the grandmother of the newborn went into the kitchen and, looking out of the window, saw a baby in the patio. She ran out to pick it up and alerted emergency services.”
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33