FIVE people were injured following an explosion in a hotel pool bar in Adeje on the south-west coast of the holiday island of Tenerife on Friday evening.
One woman suffered serious burns to her face and scalp, while an eight-year-old British girl was treated for neck burns. Two other women, aged 38 and 34, also suffered burns and were treated in hospital and a man suffered minor cuts.
A Foreign Office spokesperson confirmed it was investigating reports of British people being injured.
She said: “We are aware of reports of an incident involving British nationals.
“We are liaising with authorities and we stand ready with consular assistance.”
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33