- OP Xtreme
- Business & Finance
- Crime & Law
- Food Drink
- News Features
- Insurance Doctor
- Jack Gaioni
- Legal Issues
- Loud and Clear
- Market Mumbles
- Mistress of Sizzle
- Property Insider
- Road to Riches
- Eating Out
- Andalucia Property Search
- Green Guide Spain
- SITE INFO
- Data Protection
Do you have news for us?
Click to contact the newsdesk!
ENERGETIC, demanding, loud – yes, seven-year-olds can be a lot of work.
And, as the Olive Press hits its seventh anniversary, it is anything but different.
After humble beginnings nearly a decade ago, the Olive Press has grown into the best investigative and campaigning English language paper in Spain.
Despite moving to the coast this year to support our expansion, we have not lost sight of our original remit… to do something positive for this fantastic region.
Whether this be campaigning for the environment, exposing crooks, or promoting the very best of Andalucia, we continue to offer a varied and colourful diet.
This year has been no different to most. While the paper launched in 2006 exposing the greedy developers behind Ronda’s Los Merinos scheme, this year we have highlighted the short-sighted plans within the Alcornocales and Donana parks.
Meanwhile, our investigations have brought more threats and lawsuits from fraudsters and cheats that we have continued to expose.
But that is what we do and we have never been afraid to choose a side, to stand up for the little guy and protect what is right.
Rival papers even turned on us after we threatened their cozy coastal carve up, with proper news by real journalists, a few years ago. One even ended up devoting an entire editorial, describing us as negative and depressing and like a ‘snake, slithering its way down to the coast.’ How funny then, that in our latest issue we should exposing a columnist and close friend of the owner of that very paper.
All in all, the Olive Press is still developing, with an ever-increasing online presence and big ambitions for the future.
So why don’t we slither our way back from the coast where everything might be so much easier?
Well, because at seven years old, we are just getting started.
Reader Comments »
The views expressed in the comments above are those of our users and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Olive Press.
Messages will be moderated or deleted if they:
• Are considered likely to disrupt, provoke, attack or offend others
• Are racist, sexist, homophobic, sexually explicit, abusive or otherwise objectionable
• Contain swear words or other language likely to offend
• Break the law or condone or encourage unlawful activity. This includes breach of copyright, defamation and contempt of court
• Advertise products or services for profit or gain
• Are seen to impersonate someone else
• Include contact details such as phone numbers, postal or email addresses
• Describe or encourage activities which could endanger the safety or well-being of others
• If you have a complaint about a comment please email [email protected]