ENERGETIC, demanding, loud – yes, seven-year-olds can be a lot of work.
And, as the Olive Press hits its seventh anniversary, it is anything but different.
After humble beginnings nearly a decade ago, the Olive Press has grown into the best investigative and campaigning English language paper in Spain.
Despite moving to the coast this year to support our expansion, we have not lost sight of our original remit… to do something positive for this fantastic region.
Whether this be campaigning for the environment, exposing crooks, or promoting the very best of Andalucia, we continue to offer a varied and colourful diet.
This year has been no different to most. While the paper launched in 2006 exposing the greedy developers behind Ronda’s Los Merinos scheme, this year we have highlighted the short-sighted plans within the Alcornocales and Donana parks.
Meanwhile, our investigations have brought more threats and lawsuits from fraudsters and cheats that we have continued to expose.
But that is what we do and we have never been afraid to choose a side, to stand up for the little guy and protect what is right.
Rival papers even turned on us after we threatened their cozy coastal carve up, with proper news by real journalists, a few years ago. One even ended up devoting an entire editorial, describing us as negative and depressing and like a ‘snake, slithering its way down to the coast.’ How funny then, that in our latest issue we should exposing a columnist and close friend of the owner of that very paper.
All in all, the Olive Press is still developing, with an ever-increasing online presence and big ambitions for the future.
So why don’t we slither our way back from the coast where everything might be so much easier?
Well, because at seven years old, we are just getting started.
- Sierra Nevada’s biggest ski school EOE celebrates 30th birthday - 2 Jan, 2017 @ 21:11
- San Pedro New Year concert tickets on sale - 31 Dec, 2016 @ 18:30
- Queen’s New Year honours for two British residents in Spain - 30 Dec, 2016 @ 23:30
- Merry Christmas to all our valued readers and advertisers - 25 Dec, 2016 @ 09:07
- Police helicopter crew rescue dog and owner from Malaga floods - 4 Dec, 2016 @ 18:09
- Costa del Sol torrential rain alert raised to orange - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 14:45
- Police investigate death of Brit found bound and semi-naked at Malaga airport - 23 Oct, 2016 @ 10:58
- Spain’s PSOE leader resigns with Andalucia regional head Suzana Diaz favourite to succeed him - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 13:14
- Velez-Malaga gas explosion injures at least 77 people - 2 Oct, 2016 @ 12:16
- Chinese hotel group Wanda has got its eyes on the Costa del Sol - 23 Sep, 2016 @ 09:33