GALA Coral Groupo finalised its withdrawal from the casino business after the sale of the emblematic Gibraltar Casino to Austrian group Gryphon AG.
Gryphon AG is the investment arm of the Novomatic Group – a world class operator of casinos and recognised provider of machine games based in Austria.
The Gibraltar Casino was the last casino in the ownership of the Gala Group, which completed the sale of all of their UK casinos at the end of 2013.
Minister with responsibility for Gaming, Albert Isola announced: “I am delighted that Novomatic have chosen Gibraltar for this investment as they are a company of enormous quality and integrity and are most welcome in Gibraltar.
“I am most grateful to Gala for their many years of service to our community in our casino and look forward to continuing to work with them as they continue to be one of our important online operators in Gibraltar.”
Novomatic currently sells high-tech gaming equipment in 80 countries, as well as running casinos in Switzerland, Slovenia, Germany, the Czech Republic and Chile.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40