NERJA Town Hall has demanded that the Junta pulp a tourist guide for the province that surprisingly omits the town.
The guide highlights the nearby towns of Torrox, Frigiliana, Velez-Malaga and Almuñécar which is in the next door province of Granada. It does mention the Nerja caves, but makes no mention of either Nerja and the famous Balcon de Europa.
The publication is being handed out at the annual tourist fair Fitur in Madrid this week.
Bernardo Pozuelo, Nerja’s Tourism Councillor has written to the Junta demanding that the brochures are withdrawn.
He said “It not only harms Nerja but also the image of the guide as well.”
Pozuelo, a member of the Partido Popular, also questioned if the omission of Nerja was due to the socialist Junta making a political point.
He demanded that the guides be pulled off the stands at Fitur.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00