PENELOPE Cruz will co-direct and produce a film Ma ma by one of Spain’s most prominent auteurs, LA-based director Julio Medem.
An ‘intimate woman’s drama, laced with moments of comedy’, Ma ma revolves around Magda, a woman battling inner turmoil.
The movie will be shot in Spain this spring starring Cruz, alongside Luis Tosar, and Asier Exteandia.
Elsewhere, two of Hollywood’s biggest stars were spotted filming in Valencia this week.
Hugh Laurie and George Clooney are shooting scenes for Tomorrowland, the next science fiction adventure from Disney.
Clooney plays a grizzled inventor called Frank Walker, is already being touted as one of the big releases for 2015 and features Hugh Laurie as a baddie called David Nixe.
The big budget blockbuster shares its name with the futuristic themed lands found at Disney’s theme parks.
Clooney was rumoured to have bought a house in the Marbella area last summer, although it has never been confirmed.
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00