IT is one of the most exciting new airline developments this year.
A brand new company Your Flight is to launch direct flights from Gibraltar to Morocco this Spring.
The airline, set up by four local businessmen from the Rock, is offering the route up to twice a week from April 17 to Marrakech.
Costing just £99 one way, the flights, operated by Royal Air Maroc, will leave the Rock on Thursdays and Sundays
Best of all, there will be ‘no hidden extras’ with passengers able to take up to 23 kilos of luggage.
Your Flight also hopes to offer other destinations, including Fez, Agadir and Casablanca, in the future.
A service to Tangier is planned for late 2014.
Director Paul Lopez told the Olive Press: “It has been in the planning stages for two years but now is definitely the right time to launch.
“Until now you have to fly on Ryanair via Sevilla or go on a more expensive service from Malaga, via Casablanca or Madrid.
“We are onto a winner here. We expect it to do very well.”
- Why Sotogrande’s La Gran Reserva is one of Andalucia’s most exciting new developments - 23 Nov, 2018 @ 12:15
- How the Olive Press has survived 300 issues – and is continuing to grow - 14 Sep, 2018 @ 09:48
- How a Costa del Sol-based financial services business gives back to the community - 18 Aug, 2018 @ 16:58
- ‘Evil’ monkey dubbed Dracula robs British family of cash and passports on Gibraltar’s Skywalk - 22 Jul, 2018 @ 12:32
- West End comes to Sotogrande in aid of charity - 24 Jun, 2018 @ 14:14
- Olive Press publisher Jon Clarke gets five star access to Spain’s three Michelin Star heroes - 1 Apr, 2018 @ 15:00
- NICE ONE SON: Valldemossa’s Son Viscos is the perfect B&B for a weekend escape - 21 Mar, 2018 @ 11:00
- El Bulli restaurant owner creates Spanish culinary encyclopedia - 18 Mar, 2018 @ 12:00
- Moorish makeover for relaunch of Andalucian teahouse on Costa de la Luz - 17 Mar, 2018 @ 14:00
- Incredible 20 Michelin starred chefs – with 40 stars between them – to descend on Marbella - 16 Mar, 2018 @ 17:00