A FIRE has broken out at the world famous Marbella Club Hotel. The blaze, which started at 11am this morning, forced the evacuation of a section of the hotel that contains designer shops, interior design offices and art galleries.
There were no reports of any injures, but the top floors of the commercial section were damaged. Smoke could still been seen coming from the upper floor windows when the Olive Press took these exclusive photos. Fire and emergency services were quickly on the scene.
“We heard the alarms go off at around 11” a guest, who did not want to be named told the Olive Press. “We were told not to worry, but after what happpened at EL Lodge last week, we didn’t want to take any chances and fled outside”.
Last week the Marbella Club’s sister hotel, the exclusive El Lodge in Sierra Nevada, burnt to the ground in a huge blaze.
- Giles Brown is stuck in ‘festive no man’s land’ - 5 Jan, 2019 @ 09:00
- What NOT to do at your office Christmas party in Spain - 21 Dec, 2018 @ 12:00
- Guests got more than they bargained for at Gibraltar’s Fawlty Towers dinner - 24 Nov, 2018 @ 19:00
- EXCLUSIVE : the Olive Press has Breakfast with Berkoff - 10 Nov, 2018 @ 11:01
- When it rains… - 28 Oct, 2018 @ 12:24
- Watch out, there’s a new 80s revival in town, but don’t except big hair and shoulder pads - 30 Sep, 2018 @ 12:10
- We’ve survived another mad Marbella summer - 15 Sep, 2018 @ 12:00
- TRIBUTE: Remembering Costa del Sol legendary singer Mel Williams - 2 Sep, 2018 @ 16:00
- AUGUST ANGST: Summer in southern Spain presents some interesting challenges - 4 Aug, 2018 @ 13:23
- TOUR DE FARCE: Last Monday was my final straw with the cyclists - 21 Jul, 2018 @ 11:10