SPANISH police are on the hunt for five foreign fugitives who are thought to be hiding in Spain, including two British men and a Colombian woman wanted for murder.
Police asked the public to be on the lookout for Kevin Thomas Parle, 33, who is wanted in Britain for the murder of a young mother who was shot dead when three men burst into her home in Liverpool in 2005.
He may be living in the Mediterranean town of Alicante, police said in a statement.
Police said they were also looking for Christopher Guest More, 36, who is wanted in connection for beating a man to death during an attempted robbery at a remote farmhouse in Cheshire in 2003.
They are also searching for Yolanda Payan Castellanos, a 50-year-old Colombian woman wanted in Colombia, Austria and Italy for homicide, armed robbery and membership in an organised crime group.
Among the other foreign fugitives thought to be in Spain is an Albanian man wanted in Belgium and Italy for drug trafficking and armed robbery and a German man wanted for breaking into safes.
Long seen as a place where British criminals could blend in among their many resident compatriots, the sunspots of southern and eastern Spain have seen a string of major arrests in recent years.
Last year alone Spanish police detained 35 fugitives wanted by British authorities.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40