KATE MOSS, Sienna Miller and Pete Tong are among the celebrities backing a campaign to stop oil exploration off the coast of Ibiza.
They joined more than 33,000 people who signed a petition opposing the plans to drill for oil just 15 miles off the coast of the island.
The petition has now been submitted to Spain’s government urging them to rethink the decision.
The stars have also taken to Twitter and Instagram, posting selfies of them holding the social media protest tag #ibizasaysno.
As well as the concerns over the effect the project will have on tourism, it could breach the island’s status as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
This means the United Nations regards it is a place of special cultural or physical significance.
There are fears if this goes ahead then there could be oil spills and locals are worried about the effect on sea life.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40