A WOMAN was found dead in her home in Torremolinos yesterday, after her partner allegedly slit her throat following the couple’s recent break-up.
The victim was identified as a 47-year-old English teacher at a local language school.
The suspect, 46, allegedly tried to commit suicide with an attempted overdose shortly afterwards, and was taken to Virgen de la Victoria hospital in Malaga.
The woman’s body was found by her parents at her home on Calle Decano Miguel Marengo, where she had lived for three years.
The victim had not previously filed any complaints against her partner for violence, according to police.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05