DEPOSITS are finally being returned to Niza car hire customers following the Olive Press’s exclusive investigation last issue.
It comes after we revealed that hundreds of angry customers had waited months to get their deposits back from the Andalucian company.
But just days after our report last month, many of those who were close to giving up received notification that their €500 deposits had been returned.
“It wouldn’t have happened without the Olive Press’s intervention,” said Luke Senior, a dual Britain-New Zealand national who hired a car to go kite-surfing in Tarifa last November. “I literally heard the following day.”
Marc Filliaudeau, from Paris, also received his deposit back after three months of fruitless emails.
And Christine Carter from Essex, informed us of her ‘good result’, with the company now even agreeing to cover her expenses incurred flying down specially to pick up her deposit.
“It’s great to see the press getting such a good result. Thanks a lot.”
In an extraordinary exchange filmed by one angry client, a Niza employee admitted that 130 deposits of between €300 and €900 had not been returned due to a ‘big economic problem’.
The company, which has 2,500 vehicles and opened in the 1960s, also blamed a change of chip and pin Visa machines, blaming the bank.
The company’s commercial spokesman Francisco Lucena told the Olive Press that everyone would receive their deposits back as soon as possible.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44