SEVEN suspected members of an alleged jihadist recruitment cell have been arrested in a joint operation between Spanish and Moroccan police.
Spain’s Interior Ministry said three were arrested in Morocco, three in Melilla, and another in mainland Spain.
One of the seven had returned recently after spending time with al-Qaida-linked group.
There were no details on the nationalities of the seven.
Spanish police arrested eight suspected jihadist militants in a similar operation last year in Ceuta, the other Spanish enclave in north Africa.
- Gib’s Got Talent! - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- Artists put best foot forward in Velez-Malaga - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- UK hospital boss in hot water over Ibiza break - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Float on Gibraltar - 23 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Gibraltar gets dancing - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 18:30
- EU imposes strict rules on carbon emissions - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 14:30
- Axarquia mayor resigns over unsporting behavior - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 10:30
- Trouble in the skies over Gibraltar - 22 Mar, 2014 @ 06:30
- Lenox Napier found guilty of defaming the Euesdens - 20 Mar, 2014 @ 10:28
- Spanish pizza chain La Mafia sparks outrage in Italy - 18 Mar, 2014 @ 18:40