CHELSEA FC boss Jose Mourinho has revealed he prefers life in England to Spain and left Madrid because he got ‘tired of the atmosphere’.
Never shy of a controversial comment, Mourinho left Spanish giants Real Madrid to return to Chelsea last summer after three turbulent years at the club.
“Working in Spain was a fantastic experience, but social life isn’t easy there,” he told Radio Monte Carlo.
“I got tired of the atmosphere. I like it in England. The relationship with the players, press and fans suits me better.”
Mourinho spent his last year at Real Madrid constantly at odds with the Spanish press which often meant his assistant Aitor Karanka was sent to deal with the media after matches.
He has also claimed the English premiership is more exciting and competitive than Spain’s La Liga.
“The English league has four clubs fighting for the title, while in the Spanish one there are three clubs with only two or three points between them.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44