WHEN the Olive Press launched nearly a decade ago a tweet was just the sound a bird makes and a ‘re-tweet’ was, well, nothing.
But this week we are celebrating passing the milestone of having 3,000 Twitter followers – not one of them a twit – as we continue to expand our online presence.
Nowadays a popular and important way to quickly share and connect to our readers, we are regularly tweeting, sometimes on the hour.
It is leaving us an eagle’s wing above our two main rivals in this rapidly developing field both with thousands less followers.
Meanwhile, website page views have reached an all time high, hitting the 300,000 per month mark for the first time in March. This is up 73,000 from February.
We are also beating all our main rivals in the Spanish website traffic rankings.
Twitter has become the perfect way to break the news our readers care about in the quickest way possible, so if you haven’t already, join us: @olivepress
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05