IT was a case of the toys taking over the playroom as a series of giant wooden children’s figurines took over a Malaga art gallery.
The display is part of iconic American artist KAWS’s first exhibition outside the US.
The ‘Final Days’ exhibition at CAC Malaga, which will run until June 22, features five enormous sculptures of popular culture icons, such as ‘Pinocchio’.
KAWS, aka Brian Donnelly, studied Fine Art at The School of Visual Arts in New York, and now lives and works in Brooklyn.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05