THE Slovakian model wanted in connection to the murder of British millionaire Andrew Bush has been arrested by Spanish police in Slovakia.
Mayka Marica Kukucová, who lived with Bush for two years, allegedly shot him twice in the head when he arrived at his villa -near Estepona – with his new girlfriend.
She had allegedly lain in wait at Bristol gold-dealer Bush’s house for two days and then confronted him upon his return, accompanied by his new new British girlfriend.
When she saw the ex-girlfriend drive away in Bush’s Hummer she phoned the police, having been barred from entering by the intruder when they first arrived back.
A National Police spokesperson in Malaga confirmed she had been arrested today after an international manhunt.
Sam Mason, Bush’s former wife, and the mother of his daughter 19-year-old daughter Ellie was informed off the arrest by a phone call from Spanish police.
“The detective in charge of the investigation rang me and told me that they had arrested the woman who they believe is responsible for Andy’s murder,” said the former news reader, who is currently in Spain with Bush’s sister.
“Obviously we are really pleased with the news and grateful for everything the police has done for the family, they have been absolutely brilliant.
“Hopefully we can now get on with the process of grieving for a loving father, brother and person. It has been a traumatic couple of days for all of us.”
Kukucova, a model, is understood to have met Bush while studying at the BLC language school in Bristol.
Her Facebook profile lists her favourite television show as Prison Break. A string of photos show her posing in swimwear and lingerie and one appears to be for the international clothing chain H&M.
A neighbour has claimed the two of them moved into the villa together two years ago and that the new girlfriend has only been on the scene recently.
Kukucova was in Slovakia two weeks ago at a gym called Nikita Fitness. She lists her favourite films as Captain Philips and Dirty Dancing.
Mr Bush owned a string of jewellery stores and his main residence was in Bristol. His shop in Bristol’s Galleries shopping centre has been closed this weekend.
The villa, called Mar Antika, is two minutes from the beach in a quiet residential street in Cancelada, between San Pedro and Estepona.
More to follow…
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44