THE Slovakian model arrested in connection with the murder of her British millionaire ex-lover has claimed she acted in self-defence after confronting him over her pregnancy.
Mayka Kukucova told relatives she went to Andrew Bush’s Costa del Sol villa to discuss maintenance money for her unborn baby, according to the Daily Mirror.
In a fiery row, she allegedly ended up shooting him twice in the head. His new girlfriend, who was waiting outside, called emergency services when she heard the gun shots.
Kukucova handed herself in at a police station in her native Slovakia, after fleeing the murder scene in Bush’s Hummer.
She allegedly sent her parents a text message insisting that the gold-dealer’s death was not her fault.
She is currently awaiting extradition back to Spain.
Meanwhile Bush’s daughters and ex-wife Sam Mason have visited the villa in Cancelada, near Estepona, to lay flowers.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44