ANDY Warhol once wrote that everyone would be famous for 15 minutes, but deranged protester Carlos Diaz Fernandez, has become notorious for appearing uninvited on Spanish TV shows.
The 39-year-old stormed the sets of three live television shows at Telecinco, La Sexta and TVE in just one week, claiming that the CIA was running a clandestine assassination campaign to destabilise the Spanish government.
It is not the first time that Fernandez has made a nuisance of himself. Six month ago he appeared naked in front of King Juan Carlos at a hospital opening.
He has also made hoax bomb threats at the Cathedral of Santiago de Compostela , Barcelona’s Sagrada Familia, the Grand Mosque of Cordoba and the Alhambra in Granada.
He is now facing a six month jail sentence for being a public nuisance.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05