ANDALUCIA saw the highest value of property sales in Spain last year.
The region saw a combined total of sales reach €6,972 million in 2013, the highest of any of the country’s regions.
According to official data, it beat Catalunya with €6,765 million and Madrid with €6,530 million, as well as Valencia with €4,986 million.
The total number of sales in Spain however, dropped for the third consecutive year, with the total number of sales reaching €38,016 million – a fall of 20.4% on the 2012 total of €47,782 million.
The private housing market peaked in 2006 with a total of €158,682 million, but has falled by 76% since then.
The Ministry of Development’s findings reveal that 285,136 private housing transactions were carried out in total in 2013, a 12.8% decrease on the year before.
The regions with the lowest recorded movement were Ceuta and Melilla, with €76 million between them, La Rioja with €217 million, Extremadura with €381 million, and Cantabria with €412 million.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44