NEW research has suggested beer is not just a delicious tipple for a hot day, but a great aid for people with high blood pressure.
The study found that regularly drinking a glass or two of beer can help reduce high blood pressure, especially when combined with a typical Mediterranean diet.
The benefits come from its high level of carbohydrate, amino acids, minerals, vitamins and phenolic compounds.
The study also found that beer drinkers have a lower risk of diabetes, while the high folic acid content has health benefits for pregnant women.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05