IT’S an event that sends shivers down the spines of even the most dedicated and diligent school staff – not to mention the head teacher.
Last month there was nail-biting, nervous glances galore and more elbow-squeezing than I care to mention.
No, it wasn’t the Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid derby, it was in fact an inspection by the National Association of British Schools in Spain (NABBS).
Armed with clipboards, narrowed-eyes and a superhuman attention to detail, a pair of inspectors were dispatched to BSM headquarters for our second visit since opening in September 2010.
Of course there was no need to fret as it turns out they were extremely impressed by what they saw, rating us ‘very good to outstanding’ across all areas of the school.
And would you believe both of them added they would happily send their own children to school here?
It was at this stage, with things going swimmingly, I thought it prudent not to boast about the recent staff entries to the talent show and hid all photographic evidence of the debacle.
As you’re probably well-aware, teaching in an excellent school is not an easy task – first of all staff have to put up with me!
But all joking aside, many staff habitually work long evenings and weekends to make BSM the crème de la crème.
In other news, something egg-citing, of course, happened on the last day of term.
Word on the playground for several days had been who was going to saunter off with the chocolate Easter eggs for the hotly anticipated Easter Bonnet Parade.
Dozens of pupils, staff and parents decorated their domes and it goes without saying that there were a number of cracking entries.
But already, the Easter holidays seem like a distant memory as plans for the summer term are already underway with a fashion show, a visit from fire-fighters and our first residential trip to Mallorca organised for May.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05