MISSING British tourist Andrew Cunningham has turned up safe and well in England, after disappearing from the Cadiz area in April.
UK police called in Interpol to help search for the 48-year-old, who vanished having taken out four large cash withdrawals over four days in Chiclana de la Frontera.
His family also asked Olive Press readers to help locate Andy after trying to contact him by phone, text and email without success. Derbyshire police also contacted the Olive Press for help with their investigation.
But after nearly a month, Andy and his motorhome have turned up in England, unaware that he had been reported missing.
He had been planning to make his way home when he last spoke to his parents, but while travelling through Portugal apparently his mobile phone died and he could not get it fixed.
His father Richard told the Olive Press that Andy had withdrawn the money for ‘extensive repairs to his motorhome’. They had noticed the withdrawals because Andy shares the bank account with his mother.
“I would personally like to thank all at the Olive Press for their assistance in this matter,” said Richard.
“We have also been visited by Derbyshire Police who have given Andy some ‘pointers’ for alternative ways of communication when travelling abroad.”
Derbyshire Police told the Olive Press in a statement: “Andrew Cunningham, who had been reported missing by his parents, returned home safe and well yesterday. He was unaware that he had been reported missing.”
“Thank you very much for your support with publicity.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44