AN incredible glass-bottomed swimming pool perched on a roof is epitomising the mini property boom around Marbella.
Sun shining through the water casts rippling shadows across a sunbathing area underneath the pool, which weighs an incredible 60,000kg and has a 6cm thick glass bottom.
There is even a small service lift to deliver food and drink from the kitchen to the rooftop pool and terrace.
This one-of-a-kind luxury villa in Los Monteros has just gone on the market for €9 million.
The avant garde private holiday home – nicknamed the Jellyfish House – has spectacular views stretching across the Mediterranean and the Sierra Blanca mountain range.
The five-bed property was designed by international architecture firm Wiel Arets Architects.
“The area of Los Monteros is without doubt the most prestigious area of East Marbella,” said Kevin Welch, at estate agent Lucas Fox.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44