A BRITISH artist who has taken photos of various pop stars, including Britney Spears, is holding his first art exhibition this month.
Phil Collins is combining four pop culture art projects from the last ten years.
The exhibition in Madrid’s Gallery Moises Pérez de Albéniz showcases the best of Collins work, emphasising the influences of popular culture, low-budget television and pop music.
Collins work touches on issues of gender, politics and social identity through the use of videos, photographs and installations.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05