IN a bid to encourage locals to leave their sofas and get some exercise, Estepona Town Hall organised ‘24 Hours of Sport’.
Central to the event was a golf tournament at Estepona Golf Course. Competitors enjoyed a day of play on a great course followed by a chance to chat over paella.
Perez Espinosa and Rodriguez De La Fuente took first place with a net score of 59.
Mateo Montes and Montes Sedeno came in second (61 net) and Gomez Guerrero and Lukian took third place (65 net).
The Waterloo Cup – a charity event in aid of Help for Heroes – also took to the greens of Estepona Golf Club. Popular with expats in the region, the tournament was followed by a prize-giving and food at the Leisure Lounge.
The event raised more than €1,450 for Help for Heroes.
The winners of the Two-Ball Texas Scramble (half handicap) were: Greg and Charlie with 56 points; Derek Statham and Greg Fellows with 55 and Gordon Short and Barry Grant with 52.
Duquesa Golf Club meanwhile, took a 4-0 walloping from Miraflores Golf Club. They were delivered on time by Gaston Golf Minibus but failed to beat the locals. Rob Whately – backed up by his partner Chris – claims he hit at least three good shots during his game.
This month’s joke:
A school teacher was taking her first golfing lesson. “Is the word… Put or Putt?” she asked the instructor. “Putt is correct” he replied. To ‘Put’ is to place a thing where you want it. ‘Putt’ merely means a vain attempt to do the same thing…
Email email@example.com or call 952936803
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44