AN EXPAT became a true local hero when he put out a restaurant fire… in a Superman shirt.
Sabinillas resident Steve Rogerson, 28, was on his way to work when he discovered the blaze consuming Cafe Centro in the heart of the town.
Rogerson – owner of nearby Legends Bar – ran inside to grab a fire extinguisher and rushed to the rescue, clad in a T-shirt featuring the Superman emblem.
After putting out the fire, he was also able to help the police with their ensuing investigation, having reportedly seen the likely culprit – a disgruntled customer – fleeing the scene.
“I’m just happy to have helped my neighbour… and I got a free fire extinguisher out of it,” referring to the gift that the local firefighters gave him after the fire, having used his own.
As the residents of Sabinillas continue to congratulate their local Superman, friend and neighbour Anna Cockell explained that Rogerson is recognised as a neighbourhood hero for his selfless courage.
“He’s a true Superman and we are all very proud of him,” she said.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44