HOTLY-TIPPED jazz band The New Orleans Swamp Donkeys Traditional Jass Band are
heading for Spain.
The six-piece band has sold out concerts across America, most recently at the New Orleans 2014 Jazz Festival and the Blue Note in New York City.
They will play shows in Madrid and Barcelona and a slot at the Vitoria-Gasteiz Jazz Festival as part of their European tour.
The Swamp Donkeys go back to the roots of the jazz, putting a modern spin on traditional New Orleans jazz music, known as ‘jass’.
Think sousaphones instead of upright basses, and a banjo that chinks along while the brass section improvises freestyle.
- What a mission! My six weeks at a language school in Sevilla - 23 May, 2015 @ 15:30
- Flamenco and the Alhambra as home-time is looming - 16 Apr, 2015 @ 15:05
- ‘Giving light’ and tile-painting in Triana - 10 Apr, 2015 @ 15:47
- Taking my mind off the end of Semana Santa - 6 Apr, 2015 @ 15:53
- Sinners in spiky hats - 2 Apr, 2015 @ 09:01
- The suspense is growing for Semana Santa - 29 Mar, 2015 @ 10:48
- A Mesquita and a mosquito - 23 Mar, 2015 @ 19:58
- Just the weather for a solar eclipse - 20 Mar, 2015 @ 18:51
- A Roman market and St Patrick’s Day in Sevilla - 18 Mar, 2015 @ 15:30
- The Spanish sorting hat of doom - 14 Mar, 2015 @ 11:05