URUGUAYAN striker Luis Suarez is set to complete a €100 million move to Barcelona this weekend.
Despite being banned from all footballing activity for four months after biting Italian defender Giorgio Chiellini in the World Cup, Suarez will be permitted to complete a medical at the Nou Camp.
A meeting took place between Suarez’s current club Liverpool and the Catalan giants in London last week, and is reported to have gone well.
“The player cannot have any activity related to football, but a medical examination for a transfer yes – the sanction is not linked to transfer rights,” said Claudio Sulser, head of Fifa’s disciplinary committee.
The possibility of Chilean forward Alexis Sanchez moving in the other direction has been proposed, but it is thought Sanchez would prefer a move to premiership rivals Arsenal.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44