A 79-year-old British paedophile arrested in Estepona last year has been sentenced to 13 years in prison.
Expat Donald Cassidy was the subject of a European arrest warrant last November, for a string of sex attacks committed in Cheshire throughout the 1970s and 80s.
He was found guilty of 11 counts of sexual assault, including one of rape.
The wheelchair-bound criminal was initially released in Estepona last November while waiting for extradition proceedings, because of his poor health.
However, he was arrested in Estepona again twice after two expat families denounced him for inappropriate sexual advances towards their young children, which he denied.
During the trial, Chester Crown Court heard how Cassidy began abusing a seven-year-old girl at his home in 1974, and continued to do so for the next seven years.
The Briton allegedly invited children to take off their clothes and play games in his garage over many years.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44