RUMOURS of a Jaws-style summer reign of terror in the waters off the Axarquia have been dismissed as a hoax.
Over the last fortnight the social media networks have been a-Twitter with reported sightings of shark fins scything through the waters off local beaches. Some claims went as far as saying beaches had been closed. But the Velez-Malaga and Algarrobo Civil Protection service says these reports are absolutely false.
Servimar, the company responsible for running the cleaning boats from Rincon de la Victoria to Nerja, is also unaware of any sharks in the area.
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44