A TEENAGER has died after falling from a roller-coaster in a Benidorm theme park.
The 18-year-old was thrown from his seat after his harness failed midway through the Inferno ride, at Terra Mitica theme park.
The Icelander, on holiday with his family, suffered multiple fractures and head wounds in the fall.
He later died after suffering a heart attack in the ambulance. Witnesses described a scene of complete ‘shock’.
“We saw the teenager’s family and they were obviously distraught,” said tourist Lynn Alexander from Glasgow. “My daughter is so shaken up as she could have been in the same seat just five minutes earlier.”
- Guadix in all its glory - 3 Oct, 2016 @ 14:00
- The Spanish Shakespeare: Miguel de Cervantes - 18 Apr, 2016 @ 13:52
- Gibraltar is flying high - 4 Apr, 2016 @ 10:50
- Pair of expats fund raise to feed 40 hungry schoolchildren in Spain - 2 Apr, 2016 @ 14:33
- Gunfight in Granada arranged over WhatsApp - 1 Apr, 2016 @ 08:45
- Adios: What I learnt from living in Spain - 31 Mar, 2016 @ 16:28
- First-ever United Nations of Marbella seminar to be held on April 5 - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:12
- Algeciras records healthy increase in business - 30 Mar, 2016 @ 14:05
- Rock around the shops in Gibraltar - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 12:49
- ‘Long live free Andalucia!’ - 20 Mar, 2016 @ 07:44