THE Costa del Sol is full of family-friendly wildlife and theme parks, but getting in could leave your wallet feeling a little light.
Aqua Park, Mijas, for example, which offers nine pools and attractions, charges a hefty €23 per adult just to enter the gates, as well as €17 for juniors from 8-12, and €12 for each child aged 3-7.
There is a family rate of €58, but it only applies to those with two kids, both seven years or under.
They certainly grow children up fast in southern Spain, with the average age limit across parks for the children’s price at nine years old and never above 12.
Selwo Aventura, in Estepona, advertises a full day at the park for only €49 per person, which includes free parking, an ‘ATV ride’ through the park and one meal.
But for a family of four, that’s €196 total for the day out or over a quarter of the average monthly wage in Andalucia.
At Selwo’s sister park, Selwo Marina Delfinarium in Benalmadena, ticket prices vary by day, but entry for two adults and two kids hovers around €60.
And that’s the just basics: a Dolphin Experience will run you about €29.70 per person, and a swim with the sea lions €38.70.
Fuengirola’s zoo Bioparc maybe better rated these days than when it was shut down after a UK press expose over a decade ago but it’s still not cheap.
Minus the ziplines and safari tours of Selwo – but with exotic animals from lemurs to leopards – entry still costs €17.90 for adults and €12.50 for kids nine and Under.
Lobo Park in Antequera, which offers wolf sightings, Crocodile Park in Torremolinos, and Benalmadena Butterfly Park, all cost between €7 and €15 for entry.
Plus, with an estimated visit time of two hours, there is no need to buy an overpriced lunch at the park.
- Spain’s Andalucia among top 20 global travel destinations for Airbnb customers - 15 Dec, 2018 @ 13:00
- Costa del Sol financial firm set to become listed on Nasdaq stock exchange - 12 Dec, 2018 @ 11:35
- Where to eat in the Guadalhorce Valley - 10 Dec, 2018 @ 17:24
- Get lost in the white towns of Guadalhorce - 8 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- There’s a new mango vodka liqueur made 100% in Malaga and it looks DELICIOUS - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 17:51
- Dead body found floating in Malaga dam - 7 Dec, 2018 @ 14:51
- How to find high-quality translation services by CPSL - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:24
- World Class Accommodation for Rent in Madrid - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:21
- Ibiza Yacht Rental - 5 Dec, 2018 @ 16:17
- CUT AND BLOW-DRY CASE? Popular Low Cost hairdressers accused of defrauding taxpayer of millions in Spain’s Andalucia - 3 Dec, 2018 @ 18:01