GAME of Thrones actress Natalia Tena is currently filming in the mountains of Madrid for her starring role in a new Spanish sci-fi series.
British-born to Spanish parents, Tena, 29, is taking on a huge responsibility by appearing in the series, called Refugiados, as it will be the first homemade fiction to appear on the La Sexta television network in three years.
The show – co-produced by Atresmedia and BBC – will be shot entirely in English and will begin and end within one eight-episode season.
However, Atresmedia’s fiction director Sonia Martinez confirms that the show will be shot with Spanish audiences in mind, both during filming and in post-production, when Spanish dubbing will likely be added.
“They are our main target,” says Martinez. “This show is more Spanish than it is British.”
Refugiados premieres in Spain this fall.
- Nutella prices to soar as world hazelnut crop suffers adverse weather - 16 Aug, 2014 @ 15:00
- Venezuelan woman arrested in Madrid for smuggling cocaine in fake breasts - 15 Aug, 2014 @ 13:31
- Marbella’s Starlite festival welcomes back Julio Iglesias for the third year in a row - 14 Aug, 2014 @ 15:02
- PICTURE SPECIAL: Andalucia’s top five natural swimming pools - 12 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain’s Felipe VI and Prime Minister Rajoy discuss escalating Ebola concerns - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 15:41
- Socialist culture secretary hits out at new taxes - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 12:00
- Leading economist to head investing talk at Benalmadena cycle event - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain’s crippling unemployment may be on the up - 11 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain urged to issue 50-year bond to help fill coffers - 10 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00
- Spain’s top SEO companies - 10 Aug, 2014 @ 10:00